AFRICA MARITIME JOURNALISTS CONFERENCE (AMJOC)
….celebrating maritime media excellence in Africa
A pan African forum to review and celebrate the practice of maritime journalism, promote best practices in the delivery of maritime news across Africa and to the world.
• Promote capacity building and professionalism among maritime media practitioners
• Set agenda and encourage peer review by maritime institutions in Africa
• Encourage research and use of modern communication tools
• Advocate solidarity and friendship among maritime media players and businesses
• Provide excellent networking and matchmaking opportunities
Delegates – maritime journalists/independent media practitioners, information managers, public relations/media officers, industry advocacy groups, publishers (terrestrial and online).
Stakeholders: governmental agencies, industry operators and professionals; academicians; trade/labour associations, non-governmental and civil society groups.
• Keynote presentation
• Technical sessions
• Display of maritime journals, books, media tools etc
• Educational visits
• Welcome Cocktail